Sound Insulation Testing

We have a comprehensive building regulations insulation assessment service and we can meet your requirements regardless of what they are. A lot of the schemes that we work on contain some element of sound insulation testing.

New Builds

Developments will require you to test your walls and your floors to make sure that they meet the required sound insulation regulations. The only reason why you wouldn’t need to do this is if it has been tested before and you already have the details. When you have a test to meet insulation regulations, you will find that it meets the airborne and impact travel of sound between two spaces. If you are not sure if you have already met the noise insulation regulations or if you want to make sure that you meet the building regulations for floor insulation then all you need to do is take a look below today to find out more.

  • Development with 2 Flats or More
  • Converting a Dwelling into a Flat
  • If You Have Rooms for Residential or Public Use (Nursing Home, Hotel, Etc)
  • If You Have A Design Which has Changed Since the Last Test

Sound Testing Consultancy

Our energy partners work with the UKAS engineers and various consultants. We have years of experience when it comes to acoustics and we have already carried out hundreds of tests up and down the UK. We can take care of just about anything for you, so take a look below to get an idea of how we could help you.

  • Sound Insulation Testing
  • Environmental Consultancy
  • Planning Guidance
  • BB93 Acoustic in Schools
  • Acoustic Design
  • Noise Mapping and Prediction
  • Acoustic Design and Build
  • Noise at Work

Acoustic Design

Before the year 2003, part E of the building regulations did not actually apply to schools but now it has changed and this means that schools now need to meet various standards when it comes to their acoustics. Any new building is now covered within these building regulations and they are also subject to design and checks by the relevant bodies. Of course, this only applies to schools that are in England and Wales so this is something you need to keep in mind. On top of this, there are plenty of reasons why you may have bad acoustics in your school, but if you want to find out more about some of the standards that you need to meet then all you need to do is take a look below.

  • Section 2 – Noise Control
  • Section 3 – Insulation For Outside Noise
  • Section 4 – Room Design for Speech
  • Section 5 – Room Design for Music
  • Section 6 – Equipment and Design for Those with Hearing Requirements

We can provide you with consultants who have years of experience. They will work with you on your design throughout the entire project and we can also carry out sound testing for you as well so you can measure reverberation time, insulation and even ambient noise.

Contact us today to talk about your upcoming project – it could save you on average £800* per plot!

COVID-19 : Briary Energy Service UpdateClick Here